As you may be aware, support for Windows XP and Office 2003 will end on April 8, 2014. This carries significant risks to your business due to the potential of having a non-supported operating system in the environment and additional risks of which you should be aware of, including:
• Significant security risk due to the lack of software updates from Microsoft
• Security and compliance risk of running unsupported OS
• Impact on users in the event of critical support issues (including potentially critical impact to business/revenue)
• Inability to run the latest versions of MS Office as well as 3rd party applications
• Potential for license compliance risks related to downgrade rights
What does this mean for your business?
After April 8, 2014, there will be no new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates for Windows XP or Office 2003.
Running Windows XP SP3 or Office 2003 in your environment after their end of support date may expose your company to potential risks.